A Peace of mind with In-toto
In-toto has been trading for over 30 years and is a member of the only national trade association for specialist kitchen bathroom and bedroom retailers, the Kitchen Bathroom Bedroom Specialists Association, (KBSA).
As a KBSA member In-toto offers the security of a national trade association that upholds standards of design, supply, installation and customer service. They also offer a reassuring ConsumerCare Plus insurance scheme which covers the deposit, advance payments, work in progress and a 5 year warranty for extra peace of mind.
As part of the In-toto network, each store follows an Approved Code of Practice and is subject to strict monitoring to ensure continued professional service.
In-toto offers the following guidelines on investing in your home:
1. Visit a company that has a showroom so you can inspect the quality of the product and the standard of installation.
2. Choose a retail member with a track record of good installations and ask to see some past installations.
3. Be careful about paying in full for your kitchen in advance. You should not pay a deposit of more than 25% and it is likely that you will be required to make an interim payment, ask for a written payment schedule which includes the timings of any interim payment and final retention.
4. Make sure you have a written quotation that covers every aspect of the job, including fitting, flooring and any structural alterations you may have discussed.
5. Don't sign anything unless you are prepared to honour your side of the contract. Some terms and conditions have expensive cancellation clauses. If in doubt contact the KBSA or In-toto.